Nikon announced new professional camera Nikon D810. I tested camera and I really like it. It is upgrade of D800E with better image quality performance and some new helpful functions.
Specialy I love lower ISO which is great for video. RAW S size for smaller files and faster workflow (great for interval shooting for time lapses, reportage). Clarity setting (which is one of my favorite controls in RAW) in Picture control. And finally much better video and audio setting including 1080/60p.
Here is some informations and sample photos. Sharpness and ISO comparison here.
Unboxing video here.
- 36.3 megapixel CMOS
- New EXPEED4 engine
- ISO 64 – 12,800 (Lo1,Hi1,H2)
- Electronic front-curtain shutter – for eliminating mechanical vibration
- 7 fps in DX crop, 5 fps in full resolution
- New group AF mode
- New RAW size S
- 1080 50/60p video with increased audio/video settings
- New 3D noise reduction
- New Picture control – Flat – great for optimal color grading
- New Picture control – Clarity